It’s my birthday!
Each year when my birthday comes around, it tends to be bittersweet. There is so much to be grateful for, but I must admit – I really don’t like how that number keeps creeping up!
But, let’s talk about some other reasons to celebrate, along with my birthday. First, I want to brag about my clients. I really have the best clients ever!
Tim and I recently had a session with a couple at their home. When we arrived, much to my surprise, there was a Happy Birthday banner on the door – and that was just the start! Our clients decorated the whole place with Happy Birthday banners and balloons! Lunch was served, and they even had a lovely mini birthday cheesecake just for me (ok, I shared it with everyone!).
My clients’ surprise celebration gave me a different perspective for my birthday. So, this year, I am discarding the number and focusing on all the things in my life for which I’m grateful!
Here are a few from my list:
I’m grateful for –
- A loving husband who does everything to make my birthday special. This year he booked a short vacay to the Bahamas for us!
- 4 successful and loving children who have added their wonderful spouses to our family
- 9, yes 9, beautiful grandchildren – two of whom were born this year
- Clients who are willing to do the work to grow and learn from the pains, hurts, and messes in life
- Travel. By age 18, I had traveled to 48 states! Alaska is still on my bucket list! I’ve been blessed with several international trips: China, Australia, Fuji, and a bucket list of more international trips
- My supportive team, coach, and clients who encourage me to do more, to grow in scary areas, to step out of my comfort zone so I can widen my reach and truly live my purpose
- All the opportunities I have been given in my life
- Most of all, a loving Father who has never given up on me, even when I wanted to give up
I think you get it!
So, this year on my birthday, I will count my blessings and relish in gratefulness. How lucky I am to have this many years with all the ups, downs, and in-betweens that have led me to where I am today!
I will give thanks to you, Lord, with all my heart; I will tell of all your wonderful deeds. Ps 9:1