Merry almost Christmas!
It’s time to celebrate Jesus and have cherished time with family and friends.
But what if things aren’t so merry and bright with your relationship?
We’ve developed some practical tips to help keep you focused on each other and the real reason for Christmas.
- Look for the ‘little things’ – and have a heart of gratitude. Even when things are stressful, focus on the small, happy things, and be grateful.
- Talk about the reason for the season, and share with friends and family.
- Pray together regularly – and make prayer a priority.
- Have you made your list for Santa yet? If not, get it done as soon as possible to reduce stress.
- Discuss your Christmas budget, and agree with your spouse on the amounts to be spent.
- Understand and accept that things (and people!) are out of your control. Remind yourself of this fact often.
- Mind your busyness! Remember B.U.S.Y. = is Being Under Satan’s Yoke. Slow down. We all know how very quickly time passes – why rush it with busyness?
- Prioritize your to-do list for the season. And stick to it!
- Surround yourself with friends and family who will support you and your spouse during the holidays.
- Try to remember that your actions and words can hurt your spouse. Don’t let a moment’s stress cause pain for those around you. Take a breath and pause before you speak.
We pray that you can slow down and enjoy each treasured moment this Christmas season. Be intentional about showing extra love to those around you – and always remember the REAL reason for this season!
Merry Christmas, and may you find reasons to celebrate every day this Christmas season.
“Fear not, for behold, I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people”